- "I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book."
-Groucho Marx (1890-1977)
- "Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
A sense of humor to console him for what he is."
- "To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid; you must also be well-mannered."
- "The covers of this book are too far apart."
-Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
- "Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung."
- "If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"
-Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)
- "I would have made a good Pope."
-Richard M. Nixon
- "Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you'll land among the stars."
- "I would like to take you seriously but to do so would affront your
-William F. Buckley, Jr.
- "Heaven hath no rage like love to hatred turned Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."
- "The leaf was green with envy of the bark."